Gym Decor Ideas with Flowers
Gym and workout areas should feel fresh, inspirational, and upbeat. Flowers can help create that feeling! But the color, flower type, and display style can also play a role in the impact fresh flowers make on a gym or fitness center.
Whether you’re curating the interior design for a chain of gyms or a dedicated workout room in a resort, hotel, or bed and breakfast, your design approach can make all the difference. Learn gym décor ideas with flowers, using proven design techniques.
This guide provides hands-on guidance on how to choose the right flowers for your gym, and how to display the flowers in a way that enhances the mood, character, and personality of your wellness center. Decorate your workout area with flowers correctly, and you’ll impress guests – and keep customers coming back!
Best Flowers for Gym Décor
Flower type is monumental in gym decorations. Flower shape, form, and size work at the subconscious level to create different emotional responses. Small and frilly petals can feel dainty, while elongated petals with thicker stems can feel modern and strong. Ultimately, flower style plays a role in creating the ambiance and mood in a fitness center.
Fitness centers should avoid flowers that feel too delicate or fragile. Instead, focus on fresh blooms that express strength, style, and energy. For example, delphinium flowers are wispy and fragile – perfect for a spa but not as a gym decoration! Striking the right tone for your fitness center can help customers feel motivated and uplifted.
Here are the best gym décor ideas according to the flower type:
- Roses – Classic! While roses have a passionate reputation, they also feel strong and timeless, making them perfect for post-workout pampering.
- Ranunculus – Another strong flower that has a bold shape and form. Ranunculus flowers are great for adding a touch of sophistication and strength to a workout area.
- Windflowers – Also called anemone, windflowers have a dark center with relatively flat petals. This form brings a clean, modern feel to the space – perfect for urban gyms.
- Alstroemeria – This is an all-purpose flower! Alstroemeria (also called Peruvian lilies) provide a fresh feel that can enhance any gym. Alstroemeria are also great for tucking into other flower arrangements and adding volume to bouquets.
- Sunflowers – These happy and energetic blooms are ideal for any place people are trying to break a sweat.
Picking the right flowers as a gym decoration can feel tricky, so it’s best to try out a few different varieties and styles before deciding on the perfect flower décor for your fitness center.
Color Theory for Fitness Centers
In addition to shape and form, gym décor ideas always include colors, as they are obviously a big part of setting a specific tone with interior design and flower décor. Color can have a subconscious effect, creating an emotional response in guests, so your selection should be much more meaningful than simply picking out a flower color that you like.
Fitness centers should stay away from flower colors that feel soft or delicate, like lavender roses or pink dianthus flowers. While these flowers are beautiful for settings like hotels and restaurants, there are other flower colors that are more effective for a gym or fitness center.
Bold color choices are key for ramping up the energy and atmosphere of your gym. Bright yellow sunflowers can help gym goers feel positive and motivated to reach their fitness goals, while Greenland roses can symbolize long lasting energy and vitality – ideal for a fitness center.
If you like the gym décor idea of color blasting and ramping up the energy of the gym with colorful blooms, check out two-tone rose flower varieties with bold color combos, like Manchester Roses, which blend a deep shade of red and black one every petal. Brazil roses, which are green and yellow, also dial up the energy and can help athletes feel motivated as they work out.
3 Tips for Gym Flower Displays
- Create a flower wall. – Make your fitness center feel fresh and welcoming! A flower wall is a vertical gym decoration covered in fresh roses – ideal for staying out of the way of workout equipment and maximizing gym space. Many businesses add their logo to the center with halogen lights. Not only does a flower wall feel fun and welcoming, but it provides a space for guests to have a photo op after they work out – don’t be surprised when the gym gets tagged on social media!
- Display flowers away from workout equipment. The last thing you want is for your flower gym decoration to get in the way of guests trying to work out. No one wants to tip-toe around flowers near the weights or other workout equipment. Instead, focus on the relaxation areas of the fitness center, such as the changing room, restroom, sign-in desk, and water cooler.
- Choose flowers that reflect your gym logo. – Coordinate the color of the flowers with your logo and business branding to help your gym stay memorable and stick in customers’ minds. This is particularly effective for small fitness centers that are still trying to gain recognition. Bright yellow logo? Go with bright yellow blooms at the sign-in desk!
Fresh is Always Best
We are glad to share with you the best gym décor ideas. No matter what color and display area you dream up for your fitness center, always keep it fresh! Customers and guests take notice of these things, and faux flowers can leave a tacky impression. The details are so important when it comes to creating a great reputation for your gym, so stick with fresh flowers – always.
Rosaholics has an amazing assortment of wholesale flowers that are cut fresh off the farm before getting delivered directly to your business. And because they are harvested immediately before shipping, they last much longer than flowers you may purchase locally. Because they last longer, you won’t need to swap Rosaholics’ flowers out as often – which can translate to additional savings for your gym and fitness center.